Friday, March 13, 2009

7 Quick Takes - The Emotional Roller Coaster Edition


~~~1~~~
Obviously, my week started off with some bad news. I haven't received any further information, so I just keep praying. And while, yes, my fears for my own upcoming delivery have been raised a little, I really just can't stop thinking about what my friend must be going through, not being able to do anything for her newborn baby.
~~~2~~~
Minutes after receiving the details of my friend's baby in the NICU, I received an email from another friend with pictures of the first sonogram of her new baby. This friend miscarried her last baby, so I was so full of joy to see her healthy baby boy. The two vastly different emails made me think about just how much God is in control.
~~~3~~~
My doctor's appt. was a little disappointing this week. After hearing my "status" last week, I had higher hopes for this week's status. There was no change this week :( I know that really means nothing about when the baby is coming, but I was a little discouraged nonetheless.

~~~4~~~
After returning home from my appointment, my husband got the news that he has been selected for promotion! Woohoo! As he says, "I'm guaranteed a job for the next few years." As great as this news was for me, it was a little bittersweet. This will be the first promotion I won't be sharing with my husband, and many of our friends as well. So my pride took a little hit and I had to refocus on why it was I separated from the military in the first place. Luckily, I have 3 very obvious reminders with me at (almost) all times.

~~~5~~~
We finalized most of the baby details, like the room, choosing a name, and godparents. A HUGE weight has been lifted off of my shoulders by doing this. I even had a little Mommy fun and bought matching dresses for all 3 girls.

~~~6~~~
Alexis has an ear infection, again. This stresses me out because 1) I obviously want my children to be healthy 2) Isabel has never had an ear infection, so I have all of these questions about why Alexis would be getting sick and 3) it's not an ideal situation with a newborn on the way.

~~~7~~~
I am soooo ready to have this baby.

2 comments:

Kate Wicker said...

Great Quick Takes, Stina.

You know, we are such slackers. We still don't have a name for baby number 3. My husband is on call all day today and won't be able to come to the hospital if I go in to labor (tried to switch w/ someone to no avail), and I told him that we might have a Jane Doe on our hands until he can help me finalize a moniker for our munchkin.

I'm rambling... Praying for you and your baby (and both of your friends - one for dealing w/ her sorrow and one for celebrating her joy!).

Kristina said...

Well, we're hoping that your "status" will change, soon! I completely understand your mixed feelings about number 4. Sometimes, I miss the military so much it hurts. Most of the time, I am just thankful that I have a husband who understands and agrees with my desire to be at home with the kids. Congratulations to Tom. I hope Alexis is better!