Friday, February 1, 2008

Praying for the Unborn

If you haven't noticed, I've added a 40 Days for Life banner to my sidebar again. There is another 40 Days for Life going on during Lent. I think this is soooo appropriate. Please check out the website. Even if you can't attend any of the activities, or there aren't any activities in a town near you, you can sign up for email updates. This was all I had for the last 40 Days (I was late to the game) and you get great emails with prayers and reflections. Please check it out.


PLEASE pray for this baby.


And here are some more links I've been saving to pass on.



Ending Abortion at This That and the Other Thing

"Mile High Club" at Catholic Fire


Straight from the Mouth of Our Lord at The Lair of the Catholic Cavemen



Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life, And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.


I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion, Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death by the Resurrection of Your Son.


I am ready to do my part in ending abortion. Today I commit myself Never to be silent, Never to be passive, Never to be forgetful of the unborn.


I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement, And never to stop defending life Until all my brothers and sisters are protected, And our nation once again becomes A nation with liberty and justice Not just for some, but for all.


Through Christ our Lord. Amen!


2 comments:

Kristina said...

When I was in 6th grade, we had a "debate" in science class on abortion. All but one of the boys lined up on one side of the room. All the girls (3 of us) lined up on the other side of the room--with one of the boys.

The boys were all pro-choice. They were standing up for our rights that we obviously didn't want.

The girls were all pro-baby. To us, that fetus was not just a fetus, it was a baby.

That one lonely boy? Well, he had an older brother that we all knew before he died the year before. That older brother had physical disabilities. He spent his entire life in a wheel chair. He was the most cheerful child I can ever remember meeting. As far as I know, he had no mental disabilities. He knew that he was not expected to live long and he was making the most of his life. Everyone in that school K-8 liked him.

So, why was his little brother so against abortion? He made a long speech, during which this "bad boy" started crying. His mother and father were told to abort his older brother. The doctors told them his life would not be worth living. Bobby's complaint? If they had aborted him, I never would have had an older brother.

I wish that people could see the children thy're aborting. Perhaps, they might think twice.

Melissa said...

Way to go!

Where did you get the code for the 40 Days for Life Banner? I'd love one to put on my blog.

I'll be participating in the Worcester, Mass., 40 Days for Life group.

Prayers for everyone involved!